Sunday, July 7, 2013

Finished dress!

The Great Dress Experiment is a success!

I've been working on this dress for a long time, but it has been worth it--it is so comfortable, and I love the fit!  I used the pattern, New Look 6587, view A, and altered the pattern according to the book, Vogue fitting : the book of fitting techniques, adjustments, and alterations.  I added pockets (details in a previous post, with the beginnings of the dress in a past post), and ended up doing the hemming on the bottom of the skirt and the front facings by hand, since I like that look better than doing top-stitching.  I also added a few more buttonholes and buttons at the bottom of the skirt.

I love this dress, and will make more in the future!