Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mending again

We've had some mornings with frost, and near freezing temperatures near the Bay, so I've wanted more wool layers for my bike commute. But I don't want to spend a lot of money--it's not just the economy being in the toilet, it's wanting to have some money to spend on Christmas presents, on paying off debts, and, dare I dream, a vacation? So, luckily, there's Goodwill, with darling wool sweaters for $5.00. This one had many holes in it, and I didn't do extensive darning--if I can get it decent-looking so it lasts for one winter, I'll be happy.

So I just ran horizontal stitches across the holes to cinch the knitted fabric together:

Many holes were mended in about ten minutes, and then I replaced the buttons, since a few were missing. And, voila! A very warm, darling cardigan, suitable for biking & wearing to work.

No comments: